Poppy Floral Painting, Inner Beauty XI, Orange Flames, by Canadian Artist Kim Blair

Color (I am really trying to use the google version of the spelling of color...) is back on my brush and canvas.  Brushing the orange oil paint over the stretched canvas made me feel alive,  and as the tones of yellow and orange mingled to create the poppy petals I could feel my heart jump with joy!  Applying the hits of blue was the icing on the cake... or should I say poppy.

Oriental Poppies are an excellent plant for zone 3 gardening, like we have here in Edmonton.  As I sit at my computer looking out at the winter snow (while writing this blog posting), I have to say how happy I am to report that the poppy is a cold weather flower that needs dormancy in winter and generally does not grow well south of a zone 7.  Hurray for winter!! (Oops, was that my outside voice?)

NFS
10x10 oil on canvas