Sunflower Painting, Yellow Curves, by Canadian Artist Kim Blair


Yesterday was International Artists Day which had me thinking about Van Gogh, and sunflowers...
There are many aspects of a sunflower that I find inspirational to paint.  It doesn't matter whether the flower is large or small as long as it has strength of character, which for me, translates into the bloom having thick textured petals that twist and turn into voluptuous richly coloured curves.  Of course when these gorgeous petals are attached to a deep green calyx with similar characteristics as the petals, then I have won the inspirational jack-pot!  This combo beats wining any lottery... well... almost...

*If you click on the photo above, you will get a close-up of the yellow (and green) curves I am talking about.

SOLD
10x10 oil on canvas. (+ 15.00 S&H anywhere in North America)