Scabiosa Nouveau


                                

I just got back from a quick trip to Chicago and 'The Art Institute of Chicago'... what an amazing city!  The Art Institute has a special Matisse show on at the moment, which was wonderful to see, plus I soaked up as much painting energy as I could from all the other Impressionists and of course I also spent time with Georgia O'Keeffe, and Vincent...  The Modern Art Collection was inspiring too.  Ok, Ok, pretty well everything at the art institute was a thrill.  Monet gave me some ideas for painting hay stacks (I guess mine will be hay 'bales') and Cezanne's still life fruit paintings gave me food for thought.

While at the Egyptian exhibit at The Field Museum I found one of the Fayum Mummy Portraits which I talked about in my posting from May 18, 2010,  Enigma I.  (I will post my own photograph of the wax portrait in a future encaustic painting posting).  It was a very inspirational trip, and I acquired some gorgeous reference photos for future paintings.

Scabiosa Nouveau is another painting of my scabiosa plant, which you will remember from my  June 16, 2010 called Scabiosa.  Whimsical with a hint of art nouveau, today's painting is fresh off the brush!

SOLD
10x10 oil on canvas