Orange Marmalade

We are planning to see the movie, 'Alice in Wonderland' this Friday, and I can hardly wait!
While thinking about what to call this painting my intuition said to pick up our copy of the Alice in Wonderland book and leaf through it.  As I skimmed the first few pages my eye spied the words 'Orange Marmalade', and I knew that was to be the name of this painting.  Alice is describing what she sees as she is falling down the rabbit hole... cupboards, bookshelves, maps and pictures... she took a jar from one of the shelves as she passed: it was labeled 'Orange Marmalade', but to her disappointment it was empty.

The sun creates highlights on the crinkled edges and in the creases of this poppy making the petals resemble the bits of orange peel you find in marmalade... sometimes the rind can be bitter and sometimes it can be sweet.
I think that Alice would like this orange marmalade.

SOLD
12x12 oil on canvas. (needs some drying time)