Tangerine Leaves

Can you believe that I found a tangerine with leaves, here in Edmonton, Canada?  I could not believe my luck when I was in the 'Italian Center' store and there was a box full of these fun shaped tangerines with stems and leaves!  Some of the fruit had patches of orange along with soft shades of green which blended nicely with the green leaves.  It was surprising to feel the texture of the leaves... soft, supple yet leathery... not what I expected.  As I checked out at the till the clerk said that quite a few people were purchasing them because they wanted the leaves attached for display purposes...  I was the first one to tell her I wanted to paint them.  But she said that everyone who purchased them told her to be careful not to ruin the leaves, or break them off putting them into our shopping bags.
I haven't eaten one yet, so I can't vouch for their flavour... who cares... they look too pretty to eat!

SOLD
10x8 oil on canvas (need some drying time)