Red on White



I was out shopping with a friend the other day and found a little white square plate with turned up corners. Just what I have been searching for as a prop for my veggie and fruit paintings.

This huge red bell pepper was taking up most of the crisper drawer in our frig, waiting to either be painted, or consumed, or both. Plump and shiny it sat perfectly still on my new plate. Peppers are good at holding long poses for painting... they have a great shape with wonderful curves that catch the light here and there creating cute little highlights.

*I am taking a few weeks off for some R&R, so you will not be receiving any posts from me for a little while. The fall is one of my favourite seasons so expect to see some rich, colourful paintings... coming soon to your in box!

SOLD
8x10 oil on canvas